The Commonwealth of Virginia Racquetball Association (CVRA) is a non-profit, non-stock organization whose articles of incorporation were approved on March 4, 1999 by the State Corporation Commission of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The purpose of the CVRA is to bring together Virginia racquetball players (and persons interested in racquetball) in environments and circumstances which will promote and encourage good play, good sportsmanship, and good fun and which will increase the appreciation for and enjoyment of the sport of racquetball.
This purpose will be served by (but not limited to):
- Initiating and sponsoring racquetball tournaments, championships, clinics, programs, and exhibitions according to the rules and regulations of the CVRA and USA Racquetball.
- Establishing effective communication with other state and national organizations concerning information and programs to develop racquetball.
- Creating and supporting a demand for good quality equipment and educational resources that improve the quality of play.
- Maintaining a player ranking system based on the results of CVRA-sanctioned tournaments. Only players maintaining a valid membership (i.e. dues paid) will have points forwarded to USA Racquetball through CVRA for ranking.
- Resolving racquetball disputes in Virginia concerning rules, player eligibility, or any other matter.
- Informing the public of the nature and benefits of racquetball, and encouraging public support.